Chickie Story - Part 4
No fine chicken should go without a nice wardrobe.Truth of the matter was: I have a chicken... the chicken does not live in a cage... the chicken roams freely around my home... the chicken sleeps in my bed... the chicken POOPS.
I've read stories that chickens can be potty-trained. Tried, it. Didn't work. I was in need of emergency solutions.
Folks; you wouldn't believe it, but there are actually people out there who sell CHICKEN DIAPERS. You don't believe me? Check it out: chickendiapers.com
But, because Chickie was very much more deserving of something a little more classy... we went for the "Flight Suits" (aka: bird diapers). They come in various patterns and colours... and I found this wonderful gal named Wanda who was selling these "Flight Suits" on Ebay. I purchased from her (and exchanged many emails thereafter - what a great gal!!!)
Here Chickie will model for you a little more, and after this: The Flight Suit ended up in a storage box. She hated it. She refused to wear it. She preferred to return back to her au'naturalle state of being.... and i went back to full-time POOP PATROL.
Ya gotta admit...

The FOOD and BEVERAGES were INSIDE the house. And for some UNKNOWN REASON: Chickie was not allowed in the house (although DOGS and HUMANS were fully welcome to gallavant throughout the house - all of which makes NO sense to me.... but never mind) - I needed someone to watch over Chickie so i could run in and get myself a plate of food & drink.
Why does he appear so SIDEWAYS about this simple request?
JULY 21, 2005
CHICKIE LAYS HER FIRST EGG!
The Mystery of "IS CHICKIE A HEN or a ROOSTER?" was solved! She started acting all funny and in distress... next thing i know: she disappeared under my nightstand. My Motherly-Hen instincts KNEW this chicken was getting ready to lay an egg!
I stood by anxiously like a father-to-be in the waiting room while she squatted quietly under my nightstand for what seemed like an eternity -- and then suddenly; out she came - with head held high - and proudly stepped aside to let me get a look at her first egg. It was small and rather pathetic looking... but, still: it was very much an egg.

I though of getting it bronzed or something... but it still remains in my fridge (stinking up the place by now) while I have yet to figure out what to do with it.
Additional note: The age-old question of "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" has been answered as well. The chicken came first.






2 Comments:
chickie diapers are so cute....i wish someone would comment on my sister's blog so we know that someone has actually seen her chickie story. chickie feels neglected and she is an attention whore!!!!!!!!!!!1
Who's the dude holding the precious Chickie?
Post a Comment
<< Home